Customer services update
We have reluctantly decided to close the Town Hall Customer Services Centre until further notice, for face to face enquiries and appointments. This will to allow us to concentrate on key services and minimise risks to customers and staff.
Until further notice, the registration of deaths can be done over the phone on 01325 406400. If you need homelessness advice or are homeless tonight please call 01325 405333 (8.30am-4.45pm) or 01642 624662 (after 5pm).
To make sure we can continue to offer you access to the most crucial services at this challenging time, we are now only taking calls to our customer service phone lines for the essential services listed below, this is so our customer service team can help where the need is greatest:
- Council housing repairs - For urgent repairs call 405333, for all other housing related queries please email [email protected]
- Homelessness – Please call 405333
- Environmental health - For environmental health issues please email [email protected] and if unable to contact by e-mail for urgent cases such as suspected food poisoning, pollution incidents, pest control or discarded needles on public land call 405111
- Highways repairs – For urgent highways issues such as bridge repairs, traffic light failure or road traffic collisions please call 405222
- Adult social care switchboard - Please call 406111
- Council Tax - 405555 (8:30am - 3:45pm) or complete a council tax enquiry form anytime.
- Benefits - 405444 (8:30am - 3:45pm) or complete a benefits enquiry formanytime.
- Business Rates – please ring 405666 (8:30am - 3:45pm) or complete an online enquiry form
Other departments continuing to take telephone calls at the moment are:
Childrens Services - call 406222 or email [email protected]
You can email only:
- Complaints – [email protected]
- Youth offending - [email protected]
- Licensing - [email protected]
- Planning - [email protected]
- StreetScene - [email protected]
- Transport and Projects (including parking) - [email protected]
- Register Office – please email [email protected]
All other services continue to be accessible online by submitting a form or by email.