We believe that the voice of care leavers is very important in shaping and developing our service.
Below is the support available to you:
- You will have the opportunity to be trained as a Peer Mentor, once trained you will be able to support younger children in care during school holiday activities and residential trips.
- You will have the opportunity to attend the Leaving Care Forum on a monthly basis, during these sessions you will be involved with service developments.
- You will have the opportunity to attend Corporate Parenting Panel on a regular basis to ensure that the voice of care leavers is heard.
- A 12 month apprenticeship is available to a care leaver who is keen to drive forward participation and the voice of care leavers in Darlington.
- You will have the opportunity to attend interview training delivered by the participation team to enable you to sit on interview panels for Children’s Services staff.
- You will have the opportunity to attend celebration events throughout the year.
- You will be provided with a Live Card which enables you to have free access to Darlington Borough Council’s leisure services. This includes gym, fitness classes, yoga and swimming pool.
- Encouraging and helping you to enrol on the Electoral Register, so you can vote in elections.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in training foster carers in Darlington.
- You will be offered the opportunity to shadow senior members of Darlington Borough Council via the ‘Take Over Challenge’