We understand that feeling supported and having good healthy relationships is important to every person.
Support available to you:
- We promote family contact time (where appropriate). In some circumstances will financially support you to travel to contact immediate family members.
- Provide support and advice to help you regain or maintain contact with friends, family or previous carers. We can refer for mediation support provided by trained workers.
- We can provide advice and refer to more specialist agencies who can help you to learn about positive, healthy relationships.
- You might need someone to act on your behalf, known as an advocate. These are people who can speak for you during meetings and make sure your opinion is heard. Independent advocates are separate from Children’s Services. If you need an independent advocate please speak to your Personal Advisor.
- We are able to provide peer mentoring training. Those trained will have the opportunity to act as a peer mentor for younger children in care on school holiday activities and residential trips.
- If you are studying away at University we will provide your transport costs to return to Darlington three times a year.