Working is a great way to earn money, increase confidence and help you get to where you want to be in your adult life.
Below is the support available to you:
- You will have access to a weekly job club delivered in partnership between the Morrison’s Trust and the Leaving Care team within Pease House on a Thursday afternoon, they will ensure that you are work ready by offering good quality careers advice, CV writing, support with applications, interview preparation, and purchase clothing to attend interviews.
- We will keep you up to date with forthcoming local job fairs and support you to attend these.
- We will support you to travel to an interview.
- Darlington Borough Council will provide you with a guaranteed interview for their apprenticeships and jobs if you fit the essential criteria.
- Support will be provided to understand your rights and entitlements when employed.
- Offer work experience / work shadowing opportunities within Darlington Borough Council to gain relevant experience in a career area of your interest.
- We will help you to inform the Job Centre of any changes in your circumstances if you wish.
- We will provide advice with regards to budgeting the money you receive from your employment.
- If you have any Special Educational Needs we will make sure you receive any additional help or support you require.
- You will have access to a dedicated work coach for care leavers within the job centre at Darlington.
- We will provide you with a reference for employment applications.