Staying Close 'Hear 4 you'
The Staying Close programme is in addition to our standard care offer. The programme offers tailored help to find somewhere safe to live, a job, education or training, give practical skills to help you live independently and gives support for good health and wellbeing.
We want young people leaving children’s homes to achieve their best and thrive living independently. Leaving home can be exciting, daunting, a little bit of both or anything in between so our Staying Close programme will support you all the way, as little or as much as you need – here’s what’s available to eligible young people in addition to our standard leaving care offer:
- A dedicated Staying Close Personal Advisor to help you plan what you need to live independently and who will be available to support you, 7 days a week, so that you achieve your goals.
- Proactive help to find somewhere to live and a job, education, or training.
- Interactive life skills opportunities you can mix and match to your needs like practical help to make easy, tasty meals or strategies for growing up like how to deal with pressure or tips to manage stressful situations.
- Help to identify family and friends you want to connect or reconnect with and support to build those relationships from our Life Long Links Coordinator.
- Access to Ask Jan an independent counselling and wellbeing service available 24 hours a day.