Employment Academy (BELPS)
What is the Employment Academy?
The Employment Academy is bespoke employer led programmes (BELPs) that are intensive one-week upskilling courses for job seekers, delivered by Learning & Skills Darlington, in partnership with employers across the borough. They act as a fast track route into employment.
- BELPs Flyer [pdf document]
How do they work?
Each separate course broadly follow the same schedule.
- One week course spread over four or five days
- Relevant skills studied for the role (i.e. warehousing skills needed for Aldi)
- All courses include interview skills and a workshop with the employer
- All courses permit a site visit/tour of the employers facilities
- Finally, all courses grant a guaranteed, fast track interview upon completion of the course
- Aged 19+
- Job seeker, seeking employment
- Has the right to live and work in the UK
- Resident of Darlington (DL1/DL2/DL3 post code areas)
These courses are free of charge.
Current courses include:
- Customer Service [pdf document] (in partnership with EE)
- Warehousing [pdf document](in partnership with Aldi)
- Engineering [pdf document] (in partnership with Cummins) - TBC in 2024
- Health and Social Care [image document] (in partnership with Springfield Healthcare)
We are also in discussions with other big-name Darlington employers including the NHS.
Take a look at the table below to see what's currently on offer. Whatever your circumstances, achieve your goals with Learning & Skills Darlington.
Collaboration opportunity Event - Learning & Skills' Employment Academy programme
Do you work with an organisation that might be interested in partnering with Learning & Skills on their new Employment Academy programme?
The team is looking for like-minded collaborators to help upskill and empower the local community to get people back to work in partnership with the Job Centre and Tees Valley Combined Authority.
Find out more at the studio in the Dolphin Centre next Monday (27 November) 2-4pm. Please share this opportunity with your contacts.
|Courses||Employer||Venue||Start Dates, Times and Duration||Cost||Notes|
|Introduction to Warehousing||Aldi||Bennet House||28th November - 1st December, 10am - 3pm , 1 week||Free||Enrolment is open|
|Introduction to Customer Service||EE||Bennet House||TBC||Free||Awaiting Confirmation of dates|
|Introduction to Health and Social Care||Springfield Healthcare||Bennet House||5th - 8th December, 10am - 3pm, 1 week||Free||Enrolment is open|
Would your business benefit from this programme? If yes, great! We're always looking for employers to work with us to help boost your workforce and provide local jobs to local people. From national companies to local independent businesses, we're here to help you.
There’s no cost to you, all we ask is that you spare some time to provide a tour of your facilities and agree to providing a fast-tracked interview for the candidates upon competition of the course.