Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
Who is this course for?
This qualification enables you to develop knowledge and understanding of dementia, dementia care and caring for individuals with dementia.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
This course intent is aimed to provide you with thorough knowledge and understanding of dementia. It will equip you with the skills needed to provide the required support for individuals with dementia. This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in employment within the Health and Social care sector.
What will the course cover?
This qualification enables you to develop knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia. Successful completion of the units will allow learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects.
- types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis
- person-centred approaches in dementia care
- the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support
- the use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into higher education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses with Learning & Skills such as Distance Learning and CPD courses.
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- You will be required to attend our learning centre for bespoke classroom based lessons
- Your course will be 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge if it your first Level 3 qualification
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning less than the National Living Wage annually (£33,210), or you are unemployed, the course fee of £724.00 will be waived
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning more than the National Living Wage annually (£33,210), the course fee of £724.00 will be applicable and can be paid in full or part payments by yourself or your employer, or you can obtain a loan from student finance