Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at learners working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL postcode area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Need to be working in or have access to a placement in an early years setting, as these are not provided
What will the course cover?
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into higher education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses with Learning & Skills such as Distance Learning and CPD courses.
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- Your course will be at least 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge if it your first Level 3 qualification
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning less than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), or you are unemployed, the course fee of £2573.00 will be waived
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning more than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), the course fee of £2573.00 will be applicable and can be paid in full or part payments by yourself or your employer, or you can obtain a loan from student finance