New Career, New You
Who is this course for?
This course will help you develop the skills needed to gain employment and upskill once in the workplace.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL postcode area
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
This course will develop your knowledge and employability and interview skills, opening up avenues to employment.
What will the course cover?
The course will cover how to:
- Produce a professional and effective CV
- Upload a CV online
- Apply for a job online
- Complete online pre-employment tests and why employers want them
- Prepare and conduct yourself in an interview
- Set up an appropriate email address
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could apply to further accredited courses such as Functional Skills English, maths or ICT or a number of our Distance Learning or CPD courses that will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where will I learn?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates, times and venues.
What do I need to bring with me?
- a notepad
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course will be free of charge.