Safe Handling of Medication
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to learn how to safely handle and administer medications in health and social care settings, including recording and reporting of medications.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course intent is to develop an understanding of legislation associated with handling medication; procedures for receiving, administering, handling, storing and disposing of medication; as well as looking at the most common types of medication that are administered to individuals in a care setting. The course is ideal for anyone currently working in a role where they need to administer medication, or for those who wish to progress into a role of this nature.
What will the course cover?
- Understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- Know about common types of medication and their use
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings
- Understand techniques for administering medication
- Be able to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely
- Know how to promote the rights of the individual when managing medication
- Be able to support use of medication
- Be able to record and report on use of medication
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.
What should I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]