Who do you keep information about?
As an Elected Councillor, I keep information about constituents and individuals who use services for which I have responsibility
Why do you keep information about me?
I keep the information to provide assistance to constituents who contact me and in carrying out my official duties. The lawful basis’s for processing your personal data I rely on are:
- Your consent;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
The lawful basis’s for processing your special category personal data I rely on are:
- Your explicit consent;
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis On domestic law;
The Data Protection (Processing of Sensitive Personal Data)(elected Representatives) Order 2002 No. 2905 [external link] provides a basis for:
- the processing of sensitive personal data by elected representatives in connection with their function as a representative, including the disclosure of such information where necessary; and
- the disclosure of sensitive personal data by organisations responding to elected representatives acting on behalf of individual constituents.
Who can see my information?
To provide you with assistance in dealing with your request Councillors may need to share some of your personal information with Council officers. They may also need to share your personal data with other agencies, for example, the Police or the NHS.
How do you store the information you keep about me?
As a Councillor I am provided with IT equipment by the Council to ensure your personal data is stored and transferred securely.
Is my information transferred to a third country or international organisation?
Your information will not be transferred to a third country or international organisation. If in the unlikely event we intended to share your information with a third country or international organisation we would contact you before transferring the information.
How long do you keep information about me?
I will not hold your personal data longer than necessary and in any event no longer than four years. This information is destroyed securely when we no longer need it.
What sort of information do you keep?
I may use the following information about you to make sure that we provide you with the right service, advice or support. I will only use the minimum amount of information necessary to do so and will take every reasonable step to ensure the information is accurate.
- Location data
- One or more factors specific to the:-
- social identity of that natural person.
Special categories of personal data:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Data concerning health
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.