Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies Generator website

Rechargeable works privacy notice

Who do you keep information about?

We keep information about individuals who have damaged Highway Property

Why do you keep information about me?

The information we keep allows us to recharge the individual who have caused the damage to highway property. The local authority investigates all accident damage in accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170.

Who can see my information?

Only names individuals in the Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services department can see your information.

How do you store the information you keep about me?

The information is stored within a secure database. We also have information stored within a secure file on our computer network.

How long do you keep information about me?

We will keep your information for 6 years after the case has been closed. This information is destroyed securely when we no longer need it.

How did the Council get my personal data?

We sometimes receive your personal data from the DVLA, Police or Motor Insurance companies. In cases where your personal data was obtained from a source other than yourself or your representative, we will inform you of the origin of the information within 1 month, unless that information is being used to contact you, in which case, that information should be provided to you at the latest, upon first communication with you. However, it is not necessary to provide that information in cases where you already possess the information, where recording or disclosure is expressly laid down in law or where provision of the information proves impossible or would involve disproportionate effort. 

What sort of information do you keep?

We may use the following information about you to make sure that we provide you with the right service, advice or support. 

Personal data:

  • Name
  • Identification number
  • Location data
  • Online identifier
  • One or more factors specific to the:-
    • economic

Install our web app.