Customer services including Blue Badges privacy notice
Who do you keep information about?
We keep information about members of the public who have reported problems on Council land such as fly tips and potholes. We also keep information on residents who have applied for services for themselves such as Blue Badges, new bins and permits. We keep a recording of calls to Customer Services. We also keep digital images of visitors to Customer Services.
Why do you keep information about me?
We keep a record of applications for person-based services such as Blue Badges applications to enable the Council to determine eligibility for the service and process the application.
We keep a record of people who reported problems on Council land to enable the Council to deal with the request and provide feedback to the customer, where appropriate.
We also keep a record of call recordings for training purposes and dispute resolution purposes and CCTV images of visitors to the Town Hall for security purposes and for the prevention and detection of crime.
The GDPR conditions we are relying on to process your personal data are
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (in the case of Blue Badges);
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the Council (in relation to CCTV usage to secure the building).
The GDPR conditions we are relying on to process special categories of personal data are
Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of Union or Member State law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards.
Who can see my information?
All Customer Services staff can access your records, and the relevant back office departments who would fulfil that request, such as: Street Scene Coordinator and operative completing the work. Other back offices are Planning, Highways, Traffic, Parking, Cemeteries and Crematoria, Concessionary travel, Occupational Therapy. Voice recordings restricted to the Customer Services Management.
In the case of Blue Badges, the Department for Transport process the ordering of the Blue Badge. If you choose someone to assist you with your Blue Badge application process, we may share information with your chosen representative for the purposes of processing your application.
Information is also shared with other Councils, departments and Government Organisations such as the DWP to detect and prevent fraud. We will advise you if this is applicable at the time of your application.
Customer Services Team Leaders have access to Netcall telephone call recordings. Other services such as the Dolphin Centre, the Hippodrome, Children's Services and Revenues & Benefits also use Netcall, this means their Managers also have access to call recordings.
How do you store the information you keep about me?
- Database entries on the LAGAN CRM system
- Verint Online Forms database encrypted
- Audio files on the Netcall Liberty Converse recordings system
- Department For Transport National Database (for Blue Badges only)
- CCTV digital image
How long do you keep information about me?
In the case of reports on Council land and requests for services personal to you we keep information for 5 years, Blue Badges we keep your information for 2 years from your entitlement lapsing and recordings of phone calls are kept for up to 12 months (please note that not all phone calls are recorded). CCTV images are stored in line with retention period of 30 days. This information is destroyed securely when we no longer need it.
What sort of information do you keep?
We may use the following information about you to make sure that we provide you with the right service, advice or support. We will only use the minimum amount of information necessary to do so and will take every reasonable step to ensure the information is accurate.
- Identification number
- Location data
- One or more factors specific to the physical identity of a natural person
- One or more factors specific to the physiological identity of a natural person
- One or more factors specific to the mental identity of a person
- One or more factors specific to the economic identity of a person
- One or more factors specific to the social identity of a person
Special categories of personal data
Data concerning health